Join our team!
Honeycomb (formerly the Jewish Teen Funders Network) seeks a highly motivated, dynamic, self-starter to join the team. The Communications and Engagement Manager will own the external messaging of Honeycomb, managing outgoing communications, website and all social media. Your experience will support the development of new resources, create new content and provide administrative and program support as needed. This position will work closely with the full team on supporting new consulting opportunities in the field, together with establishing new partnerships for the organization. The position will serve under supervision of the Executive Director.
The primary focus of the role will include:
- Leading communications and marketing for the organization (including increasing visibility and recognition of new branding and new services).
- Working with the team to build new programs and support consulting opportunities across the US and abroad.
- Helping to build capacity and awareness for Jewish youth philanthropy to be a core program opportunity in the field of youth engagement.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create and implement a communications strategy to publicize the work of Honeycomb and the programs that comprise the network, raise awareness about Jewish youth philanthropy, and expand Honeycomb’s reach.
- Manage, and source content for Honeycomb’s website, program directory, resource center, and database, including content and idea creation from the Honeycomb team.
- Serve as the lead for all social media channels – create Honeycomb voice and provide constant presence in the field.
- Develop, write, and edit emails, blog posts, and articles to raise awareness about the power of Jewish youth philanthropy.
- Plan, source and continue ongoing presence of Honeycomb and Jewish youth philanthropy programs on partner websites and publications.
- Support and design print materials as needed – including any Honeycomb content such as studies, images, infographics, Honeycomb summit and programs.
- Update and monitor Honeycomb Website, including management of google analytics on website engagement.
- Explore creative ways to develop new online opportunities to showcase Honeycomb work, including new programs, webinars, in-person professional development workshops, etc.
- Strengthen Honeycomb brand and recognition of consulting across the field of Jewish youth engagement.
- Expand opportunities for Honeycomb consulting in the field, with new partners and stakeholders
- Support the development of new consulting projects, including content creation and program design.
- Work with the full Honeycomb team to curate new resources and activities that can be offered as part of consulting projects.
- Help develop strategies to expand new partnerships for Honeycomb.
- Work with the team to deliver reports and information as required.
- Work with the Honeycomb team to build capacity for organizational growth
- Provide administrative support to Honeycomb team for webinars, conferences and other programs as needed.
- Assist on curriculum, program development and facilitation support for special projects and programs, as needed.
- Answer general program questions received by phone/email.
- Represent Honeycomb in the field.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of relevant work experience (communications or public relations experience, or programming in Jewish nonprofits preferred).
- Strong communication skills, including writing for a variety of media and excellent editing skills.
- Program development experience within a collaborative team
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in: Microsoft Office suite and Adobe products, MailChimp, or comparable email marketing systems; Website content management systems (HTML, WordPress or equivalent); Social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, etc.
- Solid organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple assignments, and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the capacity to work both independently and as part of a small, entrepreneurial team.
- Commitment to professional growth and learning.
- Interest in, and understanding of, the Jewish community/education, youth programming, and/or philanthropy.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- This is a full time position based in New York with occasional evening/ weekend work.
- In office Monday-Thursday, Remote on Friday.
- The salary range for this position is $50k-$68k based on experience.
- Honeycomb / JFN offers a competitive compensation and benefits program including comprehensive health insurance, 401k plan, paid family leave, and commuter benefits.
- Early close on Fridays for Shabbat and closed for most Jewish holidays.
- Honeycomb/JFN is strongly committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals. Honeycomb will make all employment decisions for staff and applicants without unlawful discrimination as to race, creed, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by law.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume. All candidates must also submit a writing sample (can be a pre-existing piece), as well as any links or examples of online media/website work you have completed. Please submit all materials to email@example.com – please include “Honeycomb – Communications and Engagement Manager” in the subject line. Only email submissions will be accepted.