About The Jewish Funders Network
The Jewish Funders Network works with Jewish funders at the individual and collective levels to improve the quality of their giving and maximize their impact as they make the change they want to see in the world. JFN leverages the power and the creativity of networks to produce change in the Jewish World.
Please note: Honeycomb is a program of the Jewish Funders Network however, this job will fall under JFN not Honeycomb.
Database Manager (at Jewish Funders Network)
The CRM (Client Relationship Management) Database Manager will serve within the Membership Department, bringing his/her organizational and systems management skills to bear on a number of key JFN departments, including Membership, Programming and Communications.
The Database Manager has two primary responsibilities:
Database management: To ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency by overseeing JFN’s database systems including the maintenance, training and project management of this critical system.
Data entry: Input data into database systems, ensure data is accurate and up-to-date, and create reports based on the information.
This position reports to the Vice President of Philanthropic Engagement (VP) and is based in NYC. Salary is commensurate with experience and is in the $50,000-$55,000 range.
Specific tasks of this role include:
Database management (25%): Ensure that the organizational CRM database (NationBuilder) is maintained, integrated, and kept up- to date with latest enhancements and versions
- Maintain and develop the data architecture for all membership records
- Serve as the lead contact with the software provider and related vendors, and interface with the organization on database issues as needed
- Develop (imagine and execute) ideas for improvements in data management, reporting, usage etc.
- Prepare reports and queries, analyze data and activity and be involved in strategic planning
Data entry (75%):
- Enter data into the database
- Process membership fees in database
- Catalogue the data with appropriate tags for ease of reference
- Carry up periodic data hygiene processes
- Retrieve data as requested
- Generate periodic reports
- Create and send acknowledgement letters for membership dues, general operations, board gifts, conference sponsorships
- Create event pages within the database
- Upload and process event attendance reports into membership records
- Compile monthly report on non-members who attended programs
- CRM/database certification – ideal
- 2 years’ database management experience – ideal
- Very strong attention to detail
- Ability to work quickly yet accurately
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Experience with NationBuilder or similar CRM, and with Liquid a huge plus
- Proficiency in web design/HTML a huge plus
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to balance competing priorities
- Ability to recognize hurdles/obstacles and to broker collaborative problem-solving and issue resolution
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changes in work flow
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective oral and written communication that supports the understanding and usage of the CRM system by all staff
- Demonstrates professional knowledge including CRM database management, ability to read and interpret technical manuals, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- A self-starter who can design and manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Team player with a positive attitude who executes efficiently.
JFN offers a competitive compensation and benefits program. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter of interest, resume, and three (3) professional references.
Please submit all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Database Manager” in the subject line. Only email submissions will be accepted.