Join our team!
Honeycomb seeks a strategic, creative, and entrepreneurial professional to lead a dynamic, small team to grow and expand the field of youth philanthropy as well as the capacity of the organization. The Executive Director will be an inspirational advocate for Jewish youth philanthropy, with a passion for Judaism, and a masterful generalist with a can-do approach. The successful candidate will have a track record of effective leadership and management experience and will be open to and familiar with program development and scaling, field-building, and organizational partnerships. This individual must be motivated, dynamic, self-starter who can be creative with ability to execute on strategic plans and vision of Honeycomb. This is an extraordinary opportunity for a talented individual to take a solid organization and expand its reach to an increasing number of Jewish youth.
Reporting to the Chair of Honeycomb Advisory Board and Executive Vice President – Jewish Funders Network, this role will directly be supervising a current team of 3 professionals and will lead vision, strategy, and all operations for Honeycomb. The Executive Director will be responsible for visioning, budget, program development, evaluation, fund development, and oversight. The successful candidate will have the ability to develop strong professional relationships with key stakeholders, lay leaders, and program leaders.
Who we are
Honeycomb (previously known as The Jewish Teen Funders Network) is the leading resource for all educational content, resources and experiences to allow educators, professionals, parents and organizations to engage youth in strategic grantmaking. Honeycomb’s vision is to create generations of engaged, empowered, and experienced Jewish changemakers and givers.
Honeycomb’s strategic direction includes creating new resources, curriculum and training for professionals and lay leaders to engage Jewish youth in philanthropy. Honeycomb understands youth philanthropy as a vector to develop a deeper sense of Jewish identity, leadership, solidarity, and social responsibility. Honeycomb is a project of the Jewish Funders Network (JFN), an international organization dedicated to advancing the quality and growth of Jewish philanthropy.
– Provide visionary, strategic leadership to funders and staff in Honeycomb’s work to increase the transformative and normative nature of Jewish youth philanthropy programming, which engages teens in hands-on giving as informed by best practices and Jewish values
– Oversee planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of existing and new initiatives to advance Honeycomb’s vision
– Manage $1.2 million annual budget
– Raise awareness of Honeycomb and Jewish teen philanthropy through public speaking, teaching, and writing
– Manage staff and grow the Honeycomb team to expand capacity to support a quickly-growing field
– Ensure the financial sustainability of the organization, increasing both the development capacity of the team and increasing funds directed towards Honeycomb
– Cultivate, support, and work in partnership with the Honeycomb Advisory Board
– Develop and deepen partnerships with key stakeholders and partner organizations